Woodend offers a charming grove for your outdoor ceremony, but you can also choose anywhere you want on the surrounding grounds. It’s your ceremony, and your choice.
The Great Hall and the tented terrace are excellent alternatives for your ceremony. No sun? No problem.
- Up to $1,500 of the rental fee is considered a tax-deductible donation to ANS
- The mansion is not just a pretty background for your photos, it is part of your event space for you and your guests to enjoy, with seamless flow between the reception area and the dance floor.
- The tent, its side panels, heaters and fans are all included in the rental fee.
- You can bring your own alcohol, no corkage.
- Red wine, votive candles and contained tapers are permitted in the Mansion.
- 9 miles from the White House, a few minutes off of exit 33 of the Capital Beltway.
- Convenient: ceremony and reception in the same location, no additional fee for ceremony site, expert caterers that know Woodend well, on-site parking, and large shuttles allowed.
My husband and I held our wedding reception here in May and are so delighted we did. Woodend is a serene and timeless venue and really doesn’t require much decorating, especially inside the mansion.
M & A, May ‘16
We fell in love with the property because of the combination of a beautiful and classic interior option as well as a gorgeous outdoor feel. We were particularly drawn to the "rain option" of the dinner being held inside a tent that is attached to the building itself -- rather than a stand-alone tent far away from the actual manor (as was the option at the other venues we looked at). It did rain on our wedding day, but everything went off without a hitch. As the bride, I was able to enjoy my evening and leave all the decisions and the transition of outdoor to indoor activities to other people. Woodend did a great job with the planning and execution of my perfect day. Would HIGHLY recommend!
Amber & Matt, June ‘16
When I first saw pictures of Woodend, I knew it was where I wanted to get married. The grounds and house are beautiful and so picturesque. Many guests commented on how beautiful the venue was and we had a nice gentle breeze blowing through the dinner space. The wooded grove is something out of a story book, it's so beautiful.
Kate, Sep ‘14
I was planning my wedding internationally and had to pick Woodend based on online reviews. If you are in the same position I am in I would say many of the reviews on here are spot on. I wanted an outdoor wedding and Woodend provided the perfect venue. Don't think twice about this place if you want a natural setting.